- This event has passed.
Queer Book Club – Sydney Group / Zoom
22 June @ 19:00 - 21:30
An event every month that begins at 19:00 on day Fourth of the month, happening 12 times
This is fun and friendly evening hosted by Phil Lynch. It takes place on the fourth Tuesday of every month in Ultimo and on Zoom. We all read or listen to a queer friendly book in advance (selected by Phil) and meet in a small group to have a chat about the book, the characters, what we liked and didn’t, memories it may bring up and how a story may relate to us today. This is a great opportunity for young and old to talk about some of our new and old queer stories.
We provide tea, coffee and light snacks. You are welcome to BYO wine and food. Often people choose to order either dumplings or pizza from next door to eat whilst chatting. Its an easy chilled evening and you certainly don’t need to be a literary buff.
We now have a list for the books of 2021 so you can choose all, or which specific ones, you might want to read. Tickets for each month ($10 live / $5 zoom) become available one month before each club night.
Books for the remainder of 2021
- 22 June: Girl, Woman, Other, Bernadine Evaristo
- 27 July: On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous, Ocean Vuong
- 24 August: The Hours, Michael Cunningham
- 28 September: Oranges are not the Only Fruit, Jeanette Winterson
- 26 October: Call me by Your Name, Andre Aciman
- 23 November: The Great Believers, Rebecca Makkai